Homeschooling


Image result for Dr. Maria Montessori, quotes

The initial thought of homeschooling is a bit overwhelming, however I beg to differ because it is all in what you make it. I truly believe it is good to start early but also keeping it fun. I have been reading to Aziza since she was in the womb. To be honest I really didn't think that it would do anything but I read that it is very beneficial to read to your baby while in the womb. When she was born I read to her all the time and she LOVES books! She is at the point now that she has memorized the stories and read along with me. It is so cute. When she was around 8-9 months I would do flash cards with her for example: colors, objects, and numbers. I could tell she was catching on so I googled basic toddler/baby activities for her to do and what I found was the Montessori way of doing various activities.

Dr. Maria Montessori, developed this method, which is the education that is based on self-directed activity, hands on learning and collaborative play. Feel free to Google and watch YouTube on it because it makes so much since when you actually see a child on his/her own completing task without the direction of an adult but simply figuring it out on there own.

Now that Aziza is two and a half we are working on site words, so she can read 5-6 word sentences which is really amazing! She loves to help me with EVERYTHING, when I say everything I mean what every I am doing she is right on my hip wanting to stir the batter, rinse the dishes, fold the clothes, and pour the water. It amazes me also how eager she is in learning. Children are like sponges at this early stage and I never want her eagerness to learn to go away. So I make sure I encourage her to do things on her own and help me whenever she wants.

I am using The Measured Mom when it comes to reading and site words. She has a curriculum for pre-k and its simply amazing. Feel free to check her out and use her free printable or purchase her material because she is a great influencer. This Reading Mama is also another great woman that I follow for learning material.

In the society we live in now, technology is advancing rapidly and now children have screens in there face 24/7. What weWE are doing is hands on activities so she does not have a screen in her face all the time. We don't own a TV so this is easier to keep her attention with real life situations instead of sitting in front of TV like everyone else.  As you may notice children that already have cell phones at the age of 5 have a short attention span and are easily irritable. Only because they are use to the simple touch of completing a task like on a phone but when its not that simple they are infuriated.

Our children are our future and we must change how we teach them so the world can change and be more sustainable to live in. We must change and monitor what we listen to as parents and watch because their little selves are only watching and mirroring the image they consume.

13love




Comments

Popular Posts